What better way to come back from my short hiatus than with a delicious meal, and the first I cooked in our new home? Food is so integral to how we feel, both physically and emotionally, and in some ways, this meal really made our house feel more like a home.
One of the things I liked best about this meal was how colorful it is. I’m not a professional food photographer by any stretch of the imagination, but this was fun to plate and easy to make look good.
Rob had fun making his look good, too…
I guess it’s fun to turn your food into a face whether you’re 3 or 30. 😀
While there were a lot of elements in this dish, it was surprisingly easy to put together, and only took about 30 minutes from prep to plate.
Are you interested yet?
Lemon Garlic Salmon with Sweet Potato Chips, Asparagus, and Lettuce
Wild Salmon Filet(s), as many as you would like to cook
2 large cloves of Garlic
1-2 large lemons
1 Sweet Potato
Lettuce (Baby Spinach would be a good alternative)
Salt and Pepper
Green Goddess Sauce – Green Goddess seasoning and greek yogurt
1. Cut salmon filet into sections roughly the same size and thickness. Season with salt and pepper and settle into a greased baking dish.
2. Thinly slice garlic and lemon, and lay slices on each filet.
3. Bake salmon at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cooking times may vary depending on size and thickness of filets.
4. Thinly slice Sweet Potato. Heat 1/2 cup light olive oil in heavy skillet. Lay potato slices in oil and fry for 10 minutes, flipping half way through. Remove and drain on paper towel. Salt before serving.
5. Clean asparagus, snapping off woody ends, and steam for 3 minutes.
Serve all over lettuce and top with Green Goddess sauce. Enjoy!